Thursday, March 19, 2009

Things That Go Bump In The Night

The last few nights David has not been going to sleep as quickly as he normally does.  We have heard him jabbering (on the baby monitor) about his day to JoJo for thirty minutes to an hour and a half after we put him to bed.  We never did anything because we figured he would go to sleep eventually, and it just means that he would have a longer nap the next day.  This is better known as the "it will catch up with him in the end" theory.

Well....  tonight Emily was at a scrapbook workshop, and I was settling down to watch the first game of the MLS season after I put David to bed.  A few minutes passed, and I heard a series of loud bangs coming from his room.  They stopped as soon as they started so I ignored it and continued flipping through the channels.  

About five minutes later the banging started again!  I got up, flipped on the hallway light, and opened David's door.  He was lying on his back at the foot of the bed with his feet against the wall.  When I opened the door, he flipped onto his belly to see who it is was.  His eyes got really big as I told him to go to sleep, and David scrambled as fast as he could to get back to his pillow.  

The whole situation got him pretty worked up, and we spent some time calming down and talking about how David should go to sleep when Mama and Daddy put him in bed.  This was all very cute, but I had to keep a straight face through the whole thing.

Kyle

No comments: