Saturday, March 14, 2009

Potty Training Weekend, Round 2 - Sat. AM

And it begins.....

7:00 am - Up and at it!  It was a no go for the wake up potty time.  Time for breakfast and we will try again later.

7:20 am - Ooops!  We had a dribble of #1, so off we went to bathroom with a change of clothes.

7:50 am - Ooops!  Accident #2 with a #2!  David was playing with his cars when he got a little surprise in his pants.  More time on the toilet, but pretty easy for my first poo cleanup.

8:10 am - False alarm.  David said he wanted to go to the potty so we went and sat on the toilet.  Nothing!  I have decided to go with the naked approach from now on.  I know there is the potential for some pretty heinous cleanups, but I think I can handle it.  Also, this way he better associates what is going on downstairs with himself instead of the "what is this/who did that?" look I have been getting.

9:00 am - Another false alarm, but we are still dry over a hour now.

9:15 am - Woooo hoooo!  We have a poo poo in the potty!  I thought it was another false alarm and just laid in the floor after David got on the potty.  I just relaxed while David babbled about poo poo, pee pee, and potties.  Then all of a sudden his voice changed to higher pitch and I heard the trademark "ker-plunk"!  He was less surprised during this session and was excited to get two M&M's.  Yeaaahhh!

10:00 am - False alarm.  As annoying as these are, it is better than a mess on my floor.  Soooo, I guess I can put up with them.

10:15 am - Yeah, another #2 in the potty!  It was a ghost poo.  You know the ones, when you hear the noise, but little evidence is left otherwise.  (Sorry if that was a tad crude for your tastes.) However, I am 99% sure something happened.   I think he may be starting to understand a little or he likes M&M's more than I thought.

11:15 am - Well the last hour has cleared things up for me.  It is all about the candy.  We have spent most of the time running back and forth to the bathroom.  He wants to get more of the M&M's, but I don't think he has put 2 and 2 together to figure out how got them in the first place.  Oh well, all of this running to the potty means less clean up for me!

11:45 am - We made it to lunch with no accidents, but with no pee or poo in the potty either and he has spent a lot of time on the potty lately. Now we are on the downhill slide to nap time and getting him back into a Pull-up.

12:45 pm - At the buzzer!!!  David has had some pretty serious looks on his face when asking to go to the potty, but nothing was happening.  I figured he was just holding it in and would go when he was ready and sure enough he did.  We were wrapping up for nap time when he asked to go again.  This time we got pee pee in the potty.  David was a little off put by it all, but after I reassured him that everything was O.K. and he received a few M&M's it was all good.  He just continued talking about it until nap time.  Even as I type this I hear him on the monitor telling JoJo that "David pee pee in the potty."

Round 2 is over.  I think I will rest some too.

Kyle

No comments: