Saturday, October 31, 2009

Life Lesson...

I am not sure how it got started (maybe it is the racing game I have been playing), but David has started telling me to drive faster. I had to explain to him that if I drive too fast then the police will take my money away from me. That seemed to satisfy him, and he changed the subject.

Later this afternoon, he started telling me to go faster again. Sooo... I repeated the story from this morning except, this time, I told David that if we do not have money, then we cannot buy any donuts on Saturday mornings. This really seemed to capture David's imagination, and he spent the next few minutes in frantic discussion about officers and donuts. So let me sum up today's lesson according to David...

-If you drive too fast, the police will take your money.
-If you do not have any money, then you cannot buy donuts.
-Therefore, if you speed, then the police will take your donuts!

Somehow I managed to play right into the stereotypical picture of an officer. I hope I have not skewed his view of our fine police officers forever! (sorry Uncle Kyle.)

Kyle

No comments: