Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Purge Blog (Emily)

Life has been busy, and I'm finding it more and more difficult to record memories when I'm living them! So here are a few memories that have happened over the last month or so...

"Broken Chairs"
During the one act, David had to come to a few evening rehearsals with me because Kyle had parent/teacher conferences. Two students, Haley & Tyle, entertained and watched David while rehearsal continued. David's favorite activity was counting all the "broken chairs" in the auditorium seating areas. So now, when I tell him I'm going to work, he says, "Mama see Tyle & Haley, and count broken chairs that hurt-uh my bottom."

"Wal-Mart"
David & I had to make a shopping trip to Wal-Mart, and while I was paying for our new purchases, David says, "Mama, itch." I turn around, and David had his pants pulled down to his knees, scratching his bottom and smiling. After pulling up his pants & explaining that we don't pull our pants down, he sweetly said, "But Mama, my bottom itch!" You have to admit that he's a problem solver!

"Girls"
Like most little kids, David has his nighttime buddies (JoJo, his Curious George stuffed animal; Uniqua & Tyrone, Backyardigan's stuffed animals; a small squirrel, & a stuffed lion) to help him go to sleep. David is still unable to make certain sounds for certain words, like "squirrel," so when he awoke crying on night, we asked, "David, what's wrong? What happened?" he replied, "Daddy, my girls (squirrel). My girls on the floor." Kyle lovingly soothed him and said, "This won't be the first time you cry about your girls!"

"Music"
At night, David falls to sleep to music on an older version iPod, and I'm so proud that when I ask who he wants to listen to, he'll reply "The Beatles," "The Shins", or "Coldplay."

Emily

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Shins! Very nice. I have them on my personal nappy time playlist as well.