Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Long time no talk...


It has not been a particularly busy month, but for some reason we have not been as studious in updating the blog. Soooo.... here are a few tidbits to help fill in the gaps.

David's daycare was closed today so I was able to stay home and play daddy daycare. We did the usual (donuts, play cars, read books), but a couple of things stuck out. We went to Target today, and I caught David saying "thank you" to the automatic doors when they opened. I could not help laughing but also thought it was cool that he says thank you like a good gentleman. (Even if it is just an electronic door.)

I wanted to go to Target to get a little LEGO set to see if David could handle the little blocks because I want to buy him some basic LEGOs and make a table for him to build on "Gotcha Day." (The celebration of the day we finally got David.) I settled on a little 6 in. by 6 in. castle play set and went back home. David and I built the castle, and he was really excited! He played for over an hour without getting up from his table. He just kept moving the blocks around and yelling for me to look every few minutes to see his latest creation.

Needless to say, the castle did not last long and David's creative juices are now mainly focused on creating "pirate ships" for the three of us. By the looks of them, I think they are only pirate ships in the imagination of a 3 year old boy, but I would not have it any other way!

I hope life has been as good to you as it has been to us!

Kyle

No comments: