Thursday, December 31, 2009

WHY?????!!!!!!!!!

Wow! The moment I've dreaded has now reared its head, as of yesterday. David officially understood the meaning of WHY and asked, "Why?" after asking him to do something. I'm sure my jaw must have dropped to the floor in surprise, and he quickly smiled. He later asked, "Why?" again during the day, but I thought it was simply prompted by my reaction. However, this morning, when getting ready to go to Cathy's (his in-home daycare), he asked if he could watch an episode of THE BACKYARDIGANS, and I told him, "No." "Why, Mama?"Again, slightly shocked but desperately trying to play it cool, I responded, "Because we don't have enough time, David." "Oh, okay."

Oh my gosh!!! We've entered into a new realm of parenting where my child will now (as Kyle brilliantly states) "begin flexing his personality and opinion muscles." Welcome to a whole new world!!!
E

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! He is adorable. Isn't it fun to see their wonder at the little things - like snow, or why people are giving them things wrapped in paper... and WHY can't I open all of them!?
We love BackYardigans too. But Wowowowow (aka Wow Wow Wubbzy) is the one that tantrums are made of.