Saturday, January 24, 2009

Daddy Daycare

Well... another busy week has passed. We enjoyed the reprieve from the cold weather and are definitely ready for spring to arrive. David's daycare had to close Wednesday so I stayed home with him for the day. We ran some errands in the morning and just generally hung out around the house.

We went to have the oil changed in my car, and David was excited to see Daddy's car up in the air. Next, we ran to the Free Zoo (aka: Petsmart) to get some dog food. David was not too impressed with the cats or the rodents, but he did enjoy the fish and the birds. Later that afternoon we further explored the joys of a blanket/chair tent. We created the tent earlier in the week and have spent our days trying to find new ways to use it. Overall, it was a great day, and I enjoyed being a stay-at-home dad.


The rest of the week went pretty uneventfully, the highlight being when David and I made some tortillas.  I have become pretty good at the flour tortillas, so I thought I would give the corn version a try.  David enjoyed the tortillas, but I think he just liked being able to help.  Being the helper is still one of his favorite activities!


I am hoping to finish up a Guatemala DVD soon.  This DVD will include some video and pictures from our trip to Guatemala.  Until next time!

Kyle

No comments: