Saturday, November 8, 2008

We have arrived....

Just thought I would leave a quick message to let you know that we have made it to Guatemala City and are getting settled into the hotel.  We should be meeting with our contact and the foster mom in a couple of hours.  After this get together, Micah will be with us.  It has been a long wait!

The pictures are of us at the OKC airport this morning (4:30am!!) and a view from our hotel.

About the bus picture.... I wanted to show you a Guatemalan bus turn signal. As we came to the hotel, the city buses were running everywhere, but when I looked at them I noticed a man hanging out of the door. I realized he was directing the traffic around the bus (ie-telling cars to slow down so that the bus could move over, yelling the all clear for the driver). I thought it was pretty cool.

Kyle




1 comment:

Richard said...

That is awesome, can't wait to hear how the first meeting went. Glad to see you guys made it safe.